Careers: Senior Analyst – Business Intelligence
Posted on: May 28, 2014
This role will appeal to the individual capable of leveraging their advanced business intelligence and time series analysis skills to transform various client and demographic data into meaningful forecast models. As a member of the Avantas Business Intelligence team you’ll be a key to the success of our proprietary software- as-a-service scheduling solution, Smart Square – a tool that automates the management of labor resources for health care clients across the nation. If you are intrigued by the possibility of joining an energetic Client Services Team dedicated to creating Ravings Fans, have a four-year degree and two or more years of relevant experience, this may be the next step in your career journey.
The Senior Analyst – Business Intelligence will leverage advanced analytics, Avantas technology, and our proprietary HELMTM (Healthcare Enterprise Labor Management) methodology to transform data elements into Avantas’ robust business intelligence system. Other responsibilities are to recommend, track, trend, and compute key economic and operational opportunities to our client base.
As a key contributor to our growing consulting practice, the Senior Analyst will join an energetic Client Services Team dedicated to creating Ravings Fans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, accounting or finance required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Three or more years of post-graduate experience demonstrating analytic, data warehousing, and business reporting from an enterprise reporting application such as Microsoft Report Services, Tableau, Birst or Cognos
- Experience parsing large data files using SQL, SQL Server Intergration Services (SSIS) or other ETL processing tools
- Strong working knowledge of predictive analysis tools such as IBM SPSS is preferred
- Proven ability to use information to build a business case including examples of return-on-investment analysis
- Professional and / or academic history of successfully demonstrating learner, customer-centric, and focus / motivation attributes to achieve expertise, raving fans and line-of-sight goals.
- Experience using data to drive positive outcomes. Individualized approach to presenting complex information.
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of business applications such as MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of work flow and improvement methodologies.
- Drive data-warehouse, banking, and retrieval system.
- Drive complex analytics, root cause analysis, and quantitative modeling to consider various alternatives and support final decisions. Recommend, track, and trend corrective labor management strategies.
- Utilize appropriate predictive modeling techniques to improve forecasting accuracy. Modify and enhance automated SAS Forecast Studio generated forecasting code.
- Compile client data by applying Avantas’ proprietary HELMTM methodology to achieve client return on investment.
- Build highly flexible and repeatable data transformation processes to deliver findings to client audience.
- Coach and mentor clients and colleagues on successful use of business intelligence.
- Travel, as needed, for business purposes.
- Contributes client outcomes, success stories, and opportunities to drive marketing efforts.
- Drive individual professional growth using learner, customer-centric, and focus / motivation attributes to advance expertise, create raving fans and achieve line-of-sight goals.
To apply for this position, send your resume to Recruitment@eAvantas.com.